There are so many color palette generators out there right now, I thought I’d round some of them up for you for a quick overview. I was going to rate them, but really, go with what works best for you. If you know some other good ones, feel free to post them!
Posted in quasi-alphabetical order:
- 4096 Color Wheel. Web-safe and web-smart color palettes.
- Accessibility Color Wheel: Helps determing which color contrasts work best for legibilty. Based on the above.
- ChromoWeb: Color harmony from the 216 color web palette.
- ColorBlender.com: Standard palette picker, can save palettes for later use.
- Colorcell: “Colorcell wants to find the most popular color combinations.”
- ColorCombos: Palette picker with combination directory.
- COLOURlovers: Color-based community. Give colors and palettes names, rate them, share them. save them for later. My favorite!
- ColorMatch Redux: Nice and compact, with sliders.
- Color Palette Generator: Lets you provide a photo from which a palette is generated.
- Color Scheme Chooser: Feels a bit like an application, if that’s your thing.
- Color Schemes Generator 2: Uses a chromatic wheel, generates links to your palettes.
- Color Schemer: I like to use this one a lot, lets you “wander” by clicking colors for new combinations based on them.
- ColorWhore: “A directory of nice colors”. Nice concept, goes by “greys, reds, etc.”
- colr.org: Playful approach, lets you provide a photo.